- My favorite new restaurant of 2012 is easily Mintwood Place. The food and the atmosphere both knock it out of the park every time. I continue to enjoy the roast chicken, steak frites, and brownie sundae on a regular basis. My post from April is here.
- I had such an amazing experience joining Steve Vilnit, the Director of Fisheries Marketing for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources for a day out on the Chesapeake Bay with other fellow bloggers. We learned so much about seafood sourcing and Maryland crab, and we even got to visit the J.M. Clayton Company which is the world’s oldest crab house and has been around since 1890. I am now so much more aware of my seafood, and know to ask questions about where my food is coming from. My post from June is here.
- Luck found me in 2012 as I was given the amazing opportunity to film with Tremendous! Entertainment for a special that will air on The Travel Channel in 2013 called “Street Eats”. I was able to act as their guide and host as we interviewed different food trucks and helped paint a picture of the vibrant street food scene here in Washington. The special will air on February 27th at 9PM and I am so excited to be a part of it. I can’t wait to see the results. Details on my experience filming with the crew are here from my post in July.
- We finally got a plate on the wall at my favorite spot, Acqua Al 2. As someone who lived in Florence and ate at the original restaurant regularly, I have been a dedicated diner at the Eastern Market location since it opened. It’s a wonderful spot that holds a special place in my heart. My post from August is here.
- I love coffee and I pulled together a detailed round-up of my favorite coffee shops in D.C. earlier this year. This was one of my favorite pieces I wrote in 2012, and you can read my post from August here.
- Union Market finally opened in town! We are all so thrilled to welcome the amazing concept to town, and you can read by post from September here.
- I attended the Park Hyatt Master’s of Food and Wine Autumn Mushroom Dinner at Blue Duck Tavern in September which was out of this world. All of the mushrooms were sourced from the R.L. Irwin Company in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania and the wine pairings came from Robert Mondavi Wines. It was a lovely evening and I still remember the mushroom tart as one of the best dishes I ate all year.
- I was very honored to be featured in Fashion Washington Magazine and to have the opportunity to curate a holiday gift guide fit for foodies. It was my first photo shoot experience and it was a blast. My post from November can be found here.
- I finished off the year with a decadent and drool-worthy trip to Paris where I ate like a queen. I could not have ended the year on a sweeter note. You can read about my food escapades in France here.
Thank you to all of you who read this blog and support what we do. It makes it so much fun to share experiences and to pour my time and effort into getting it right. I hope you all had an amazing year and I hope 2013 has even better things in store. Wishing you delicious adventures for the year to come!