- Blue Duck Tavern: One of the classiest establishments in town, Blue Duck Tavern serves their Brussels sprouts as a side dish in a small silver tray with bacon, pecans, and cranberries. Everything tastes better with bacon.
- Brasserie Beck: Nothing goes better with mussels than a side of carmelized Brussels sprouts with smoked bacon and poached pear. These are a surefire table pleaser.
- Graffiato: A new addition to the list since my last Brussels sprouts lineup in early 2011, Graffiato serves them with pancetta, maple, and yogurt (used to also include egg). The maple adds a delicious sweet kick to the crispy petals.
- Oyamel: The crispy sprouts are served with pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and lime in a chile de arbol sauce. The Mexican ingredients are lovely and full of flavor.
- Proof: Sauteed with dried cherries and caraway, they make for the perfect side paired with red meat or fish.
- Zaytinya: Still one of the best preparations in town, these Brussels are served with coriander seeds and barberries, atop a creamy yogurt sauce.
These are just a few favorites, but there are many other DC restaurants that serve Brussels sprouts. I recommend you get out and taste them! Also, share your favorite Brussels with us if we missed them.